Wild Scotland Code of Practice
All Wild Scotland members demonstrate their commitment to responsible tourism by signing up to our code of practice. The code states that members:
- are supportive of the aims and objectives of the association and will not bring the association or the sector in to disrepute.
- comply with all relevant statutory legislation – local, national and international.
- conduct all activities in adherence to the Wild Scotland Best Practice Guidelines and the Scottish Outdoor Access Code.
- are committed to providing a high quality experience, including professional and knowledgeable staff.
- have appropriate insurance cover (public liability, product liability and employers liability insurance) for at least £2 million. Details and copies of current certificates are available for inspection upon request.
- have due regard for the principle of “sustainable use” of the environment. Environmental and/or sustainable tourism policies are available for inspection upon request.
- are sensitive to the needs of their visitors and take appropriate measures to safeguard visitors’ emotional as well as physical welfare.
Click here for tips about getting the most out of your own wildlife-watching experience.